Welcome to Gloomy Tuesday!

Looking for something?

Subscribe to this blog!

Receive the latest posts by email. Just enter your email below if you want to subscribe!

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Book Review! This House is Haunted by John Boyne

Front Cover
     I have been really unsure for quite a while on what to blog about next, so I decided to go with what I do best and write a review for a fantastically creepy book that I just finished reading.
  The name of this wonderful book is "This House is Haunted" by John Boyne. This has been one of the greatest paranormal stories I have ever read. Even with my job and house cleaning I do not always get a chance to read, but I had this done within 48 hours of getting it at the library. It is written in fantastic Dickinson Prose and sucks you in from the first page. We open with the main character Eliza and her father going to a live reading by Charles Dickens who is her father's favorite writer. However, her father has not been very well and tragedy strikes and she loses her father the following day. In her grief stricken state, she takes a suspicious governess position and leaves London only a week after her fathers untimely death. As she arrives frightening experiences have already occurred, and once she arrives at the estate there are no adults present. The children are there of course, but do not answer any questions about their parents. Many more frightening experiences plague Eliza and frighten her to no end. Soon, she finds out the horrible secret that the house holds. She only wants to protect the children. I will not write anymore as I do not want to give too much of the story away, but in my opinion if you love ghost stories you must pick up this book! It is sure to please you.

No comments:

Post a Comment